HARDNESS CONTROL POWDER is a highly efficient dry phosphate-based powder, designed to stop calcium ions from adhering to the metal surfaces and condition them for blow-down. This highly soluble product is easy to use and easy to dose.
HARDNESS CONTROL POWDER is added to the boiler water to maintain an optimum phosphate level. Under these conditions, calcium and magnesium hardness salts cannot form.
Please note: This product is part of a VECOM MARINE coordinated treatment and should not be used with a combined treatment.
Directions for use
HARDNESS CONTROL POWDER should be dissolved in warm water before adding into the boiler. The solubility of the product is 100 g/l. For optimum results, the product should be dosed directly into the boiler via a by-pass pot feeder installed in the boiler feed line.
Initial dosage for untreated water is 23 g of HARDNESS CONTROL POWDER per ton of water. This dosage will raise the phosphate level to 20 ppm. Dosages should be adjusted in accordance to the recommended phosphate levels. The recommended control limits are:
HARDNESS CONTROL POWDER is usually available in plastic buckets of 25 kg.
Features & Benefits
- Quick dissolving, fast acting phosphate-based compound
- Reduces hardness in boiler water and prevents formation of calcium and magnesium scale
- Converts hardness salts to non-adherent sludge that can be removed by blowdown
- Easy to mix and easy to dose
- Simple to test and simple to control level of treatment
- Can be used on all types of boilers and all pressures
- Maintains the boilers’ optimum phosphate levels to avoid scale and corrosion
- Stops the boiler from scaling and maintains the system in optimal condition
- Economical to use
- Reduces the need for chemical cleaning