RESIN CLEANER is an extremely powerful cleaner, specially designed to remove synthetic resins like MDI and TDI. It is much more effective than alkaline cleaners. In most cases it can replace conventional cleaning solvents such as petroleum and white spirit.
RESIN CLEANER is designed for the removal of:
- Several synthetic resins (e.g. epoxy)
Directions for use
To remove resins such as MDI and TDI, use RESIN CLEANER undiluted at 50 – 70 °C (maximum 10% dilution with water). Cleaning time depends on the amount and nature of the contamination, but is at least a few hours. After cleaning, drain the system and perform a cleaning with STEAMCLEAN EXTRA or TANKCLEAN ALKALINE EXTRA. Finally, rinse with water.
Prior to use, one should be sure that equipment like hoses, pumps and gaskets are resistant to RESIN CLEANER. Suitable material is PE, PP, PTFE and for short term use butyl-rubber.
Also, paint and lacquers can be damaged due to the high solvency power.
Contains powerful solvents. Plastics, lacquers and paints should be tested for resistance.
RESIN CLEANER is usually available in steel drums of 25 l and 200 l.
Features & Benefits
- Very strong liquid solvent
- Non-marine-pollutant according to IMO regulations
- Environmentally friendly
- Excellent tank cleaning product, replacing conventional cleaning solvents
- More effective than conventional solvent cleaners
- Safe to use because of its high flash point
- Easy to use and easy to dose
- Removes all types of resins
- Not classified according to IMO
Product complies with Marpol 71/17 Add.1 Annex 21, page 1, Resolution MEPC 295 (71) guidelines for implementation of Marpol Annex V (adopted on 7 July, 2017). Click here for more information.