POTABLE WATER STABILIZER is a combination of polyphosphates having stabilising properties. The product effectively and economically provides scale and corrosion control in potable water and other shipboard once-through water systems. POTABLE WATER STABILIZER is carefully blended to utilise the best properties of each ingredient.
POTABLE WATER STABILIZER can be used in potable water. It meets the requirements of the U.S. Public Health Service and the U.K. Department of Trade and Industry.
Directions for use
Dosage varies between 15 – 40 mg/l for ordinary water treatment (approximately 0.4 – 1.0 l/25 metric tons of water). Dosage may be greater for other applications. Specific recommendations can be obtained from your VECOM MARINE representative.
POTABLE WATER STABILIZER is non-corrosive to ordinary metals used in feeding equipment and may be fed with a simple by-pass feeder, available through your VECOM MARINE representative. The treatment should be proportioned to maintain the desired dosage.
POTABLE WATER STABILIZER is usually available in plastic cans of 25 l.
Features & Benefits
- Specially designed liquid polyphosphates
- Easy to use and easy to control
- Prevents “red water” in ships potable water systems
- Stops corrosion and scale in domestic water systems
- Controls corrosion in pipelines and other equipment handling softened or evaporated water
- Effective at temperatures up to 80°C
- Increases system life and reduces maintenance costs
- Has no effect on boiler or cooling water feed