The loading of ballast water often results in the deposition of mud, silt and sediment in the ballast tanks, due to the presence of these materials in the waters where ballast is lifted. If this is not dealt with on a regular basis, a “permanent ballast” may accumulate, causing problems when emptying the tank. MUD & SILT DISPERSANT can help preventing this build-up, resulting in more efficient operation of the vessel.
• Increases cargo payload by decreasing unwanted mud and silt in tanks.
• Eliminates the considerable manual labour required to remove deposits.
• Highly economical, very effective at low concentrations.
• Non-polluting, non-toxic and non-corrosive.
Directions for use
MUD & SILT DISPERSANT may be used diluted with water in any convenient proportion.
1. Apply MUD & SILT DISPERSANT directly to the tank prior to each ballasting operation.
2. Dose the product in concentrations of 0.5 litre per 10 tons of ballast water. The dosage will depend on the severity of the contamination in the area where ballast water is loaded.
MUD LIFTING TREATMENT
1. For existing accumulations of mud and silt in tanks, apply the maximum dosage of 1 litre of product per 10 ton tank capacity.
2. Fill tank to 50% capacity with seawater.
3. Allow the rolling motion of the ship to agitate the solution. Maintain for 24 hours.
4. Fill the tank to capacity with seawater, pump out tank.
5. Refill the tank to capacity with seawater.
6. Pump out the tank and inspect.
For use as a demulsifying agent for separating oily water, add 1 litre of product to 1,000 litres of oily water. Mix thoroughly and allow solution to stand for 4 – 6 hours for separation to take place.
MUD & SILT DISPERSANT is usually available in plastic cans of 25 l.
Features & Benefits
- Prevents formation of hard-packed layers of mud and silt
- Biodegradable, non-polluting, non-toxic
- Very effective in low concentrations
- Keeps mud and silt in suspension and cleans fouled ballast water tanks
- Improves the effect of ballast water treatment
- Safe and easy to use
- Cost effective