ALKALINITY CONTROL is part of the VECOM MARINE fully coordinated treatment and should not be used in conjunction with a combined treatment. ALKALINITY CONTROL is added to the boiler water to maintain an optimum alkalinity level to prevent corrosion. Under these conditions, calcium and magnesium hardness salts cannot form and the precipitate can be removed by blowdown.
Directions for use
For optimum results, ALKALINITY CONTROL should be dosed directly into the boiler via a VECOM MARINE by-pass pot feeder, installed in the boiler feed line.
Initial dosage for untreated water is 200 ml of ALKALINITY CONTROL per ton of water. Dosages should be adjusted in accordance with the recommended P- & M-alkalinity levels. The recommended control limits are:
P-alkalinity: 100 to 150 ppm for boilers 0 – 30 bar
P-alkalinity: 100 to 120 ppm for boilers 30 – 60 bar
M-alkalinity: Less than two times P-alkalinity
Analysis is carried out using VECOM MARINE boiler water test kits.
ALKALINITY CONTROL is usually available in plastic cans of 25 l and plastic drums of 200 l.
Features & Benefits
- Fast acting liquid treatment that provides the correct alkalinity on which water treatment depends
- Maintains alkalinity within optimum limits
- Assists in precipitation of hardness salts and helps condition the boiler for blowdown
- Neutralises acid condition in boiler water
- Stops silica from scale and keeps silica in suspension
- Provides optimum conditions for hardness control to function
- Assists in precipitation and blowdown of magnesium and calcium salts
- Can be tested easily by using VECOM MARINE TEST KIT ALKALINITY P & M
- Can be used as part of a fully coordinated treatment in all types of boilers with all pressures