GENERAL MAINTENANCE: TANKCLEAN HCF ECO is universally applied to clean ship decks, floors, walls, etc.
IMMERSION BATH: TANKCLEAN HCF ECO is applied undiluted in immersion baths to clean galvanised parts or objects made of aluminium or zinc.
SPRAYING: TANKCLEAN HCF ECO can be sprayed pure or diluted with water.
- TANKCLEAN HCF ECO is applied in aluminium tanks and in tanks with a zinc silicate coating. It is applicable on epoxy coatings if the concentration is maximum 10% and the temperature maximum 60°C.
- TANKCLEAN HCF ECO is also applied as a last treatment after hydrocarbon-free cleanings where an emulsifying cleaning agent has been used.
- If TANKCLEAN HCF has been used for hydrocarbon-free cleaning, TANKCLEAN HCF ECO should be used afterwards in those cases where the next cargo is going to be methanol, etc.
Directions for use
Moisturise the surfaces that are to be cleaned with the undiluted product and allow the product to work for 20 – 60 minutes. Brush meanwhile and rinse thoroughly with water afterwards.
Allow the product (pure, 50 – 60°C) several hours working time after placing the objects in the bath. Take them out, brush and spray off with a powerful high-pressure water jet.
Depending on the amount and characteristics of the contamination, TANKCLEAN HCF ECO is used pure or diluted at temperatures from 20 – 60°C. Allow the product to work for 20 – 60 minutes and spray afterwards with a powerful water jet (warm water).
Prior to tank cleaning with TANKCLEAN HCF ECO, it is advised to pre-wash with hot water (± 60°C). In case of drying or semi-drying oils, pre-washing is to be done with cold water.
With this method, cleaning chemicals are to be added in a separate tank to a previous determined amount of water. The required amount of cleaning chemicals is usually 1% of the capacity of the tank that is to be cleaned. Heat the water with a spiral in the tanks. The tanks are washed by means of a cargo pump, after which the used solution is brought back into the mixing tank. The cofferdam is often used to make the solution. With one solution, usually 2 to 3 tanks can be washed, after which a new solution is made. TANKCLEAN HCF ECO is, depending on the amount and character of the contamination, circulated 2 – 6 hours in a 5% solution. Optimal cleaning is best done at 20 – 80°C.
Spray the tank sides with pure TANKCLEAN HCF ECO until they are properly moisturised. Allow the product to work for at least 30 minutes. After this each tank compartment is to be rinsed with water (60 °C) during 45 minutes.
Inject directly 2 l of TANKCLEAN HCF ECO per every 100 l washing water in the tank system. The advised cleaning temperature lies in between 20 – 60°C. The cleaning takes 2 – 6 hours. Rinse thoroughly with water.
After cleaning with TANKCLEAN HCF ECO rinse with fresh hot water (70°C).
TANKCLEAN HCF ECO is usually available in plastic cans of 25 l and plastic drums of 200 l.
Features & Benefits
- For hydrocarbon-free cleaning
- Universal degreaser
- Pleasant odour
- Based on very effective, low-foaming surfactants
- Perfectly suited to clean zinc silicate coated tanks
- To be used in those cases where alkaline cleaning is not possible
- Can be used in the accommodation area for cleaning woodwork, leather, desks, painted areas and bulkheads
- Very easy to use and very economical