Mixed in different concentrations, ECOCLEAN can be used for many purposes:
- General marine cleaning: removal of grease, oil, sludge, carbon deposits, general dirt and grime, mineral/edible oils and fats.
- As an engine room cleaner: for cleaning paintwork, as a carbon remover, to soak tanks, for ultrasonic and high-pressure cleaning.
- As a general cleaner it is used for bulkheads, decks and toilets. The product is safe to use on most types of plastics and vinyl.
After its use it demulsifies in the bilges or slop tanks and it is suitable for use with an oil/water separator.
Directions for use
ECOCLEAN can be applied by brush, spray-gun, with neat product or diluted in water up to 10% according to the type and amount of contamination to be removed. After application in the engine room, slops must be allowed to separate for approx. 3 hours before treatment in the oil/water separator.
When using an automatic tank wash system inject directly into the Butterwash treatment line or gun-cleaner in a solution of approx. 0.5 – 1 per 1000 l.
When recirculating from one tank into the next, use a concentration of approx. 3 – 4%.
If necessary the product can be used undiluted. Spray on the surface to be cleaned and allow soaking for approx. 30 minutes before rinsing with plenty of water. Best results are obtained when the solution is heated up to 40 – 60°C.
ECOCLEAN is compatible with most tank coatings. To be sure check the compatibility of the coating or consult with the manufacturer of the coating.
ECOCLEAN is usually available in plastic cans of 25 l.
Features & Benefits
- New advanced ecological formula
- Water-based degreaser
- No risk of water pollution during disposal operation
- Compatible with oil/water separators
- Promotes a healthy and pleasant odour in the working area
- Very economical dilution rate
- Compatible with most types of tank coatings