QUICK SPLIT CLEANER is used for cleaning and gas freeing of mineral oil tanks and for cleaning of tanks upgrading from black to white or grain. It can also be used as a general cleaner in the engine room and especially for cleaning bilges.
Directions for use
TANK WASHING MACHINE / ROCK & ROLL METHOD
QUICK SPLIT CLEANER is injected into the washwater line, at a rate of 1 l/m3 of washwater, through the cleaning cycle. The washwater should be maintained between 65°C to 80°C. It is important to keep the tank bottom well stripped for efficient removal of deposits.
QUICK SPLIT CLEANER is sprayed undiluted using a non-atomising spray onto the surfaces to be cleaned. Allow a reaction time of 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the degree of soiling, to ensure full penetration and reaction. Wash down all surfaces with hot water of between 65°C to 80°C and a pressure of at least 5.6 kg/cm2.
Transfer washwater to slop tank and allow settling and separating. Where an oil/water separator is installed, discharge from the bottom of the tank through the oil/water separator. This is the best method to meet IMO requirements.
For use as a demulsifying agent for separating oily water, add 1 l of product to 1000 l of oily water. Mix thoroughly and allow solution to stand for 4 – 6 hours for separation to take place.
QUICK SPLIT CLEANER is usually available in steel drums of 25 l and 200 l.
Features & Benefits
- Highly effective and economical solvent-based cleaner
- Used for cleaning bulkheads, machinery spaces, decks, tank tops and any oil/grease soiled areas
- Does not contain any nonylphenol ethoxylates or other estrogenic compounds
- Rapid penetration
- Allows oil residues to be reclaimed more efficiently
- Oil and water emulsions break up quickly after cleaning
- Meets IMO requirements, less than 15 ppm of oil remains in the water phase
- Reduces disposal costs and associated problems
- Heavy-duty cleaner, suitable for removal of most mineral oils, fats and grease
- Low-toxicity & non-corrosive
- Approved product
Product complies with Marpol 71/17 Add.1 Annex 21, page 1, Resolution MEPC 295 (71) guidelines for implementation of Marpol Annex V (adopted on 7 July, 2017). Click here for more information.