GP ENVIRO is used for engine rooms, decks, bulkheads, accommodation and tank cleaning.
Directions for use
TANK CLEANING – GENERAL
For spraying method: Use a dilution of 2 – 5% with water and spray on surfaces/deposits. Let the product be soaking for 20 – 60 minutes. Wash down with high pressure. Temperature up to 60°C always helps the results of cleaning.
TANK CLEANING – CIRCULATION METHOD
For the removal of light oily-like contaminations like alcohols, benzenes, fuel oils, a dilution of 2 – 4% is sufficient. For the removal of liquid surfactants like fatty-alcohol ethoxylates, etc., a dilution of 3 – 6% should be used. The cleaning solution can be heated to max. 60°C.
Recommended tank cleaning procedure for removing stains from tank linings using GP ENVIRO.
- Mix solutions of GP ENVIRO either in tank bottom or void space.
- Dilution rate with water between 3% to 6%, depending upon light or heavy contamination (see above). Recent experience has shown that a 4.5 – 5% solution secures successful cleaning.
- Do not use the entire quantity of GP ENVIRO in one solution for all tanks to be cleaned. Save a few drums (2 – 3) to “boost” the solution for cleaning the last 20 – 25% of the tanks to be cleaned.
- The solution may be used at ambient temperature, however, it is suggested that an increase of the cleaning temperature to maximum 60°C will enhance the cleaning ability and shorten the cleaning time.
- Proceed to recycle the cleaning solution through the tank washing system for a period of two hours minimum per machine drop. Usually a cleaning time of 4 hours per tank will prove sufficient.
- At completion of chemical application begin washing down with water, using maximum pressure available.
- Inspect tank surfaces. If there remain some stains, spot clean with undiluted GP ENVIRO directly on the stained area. Allow a reaction time of 30 minutes and then rinse with water.
GP ENVIRO can be diluted to a 2% solution in water for light cleaning. It must be allowed to soak for 1 – 15 minutes before rinsing with a water jet. Using water at a temperature of 20°C up to 60°C for dilution and rinsing increases the effectiveness of the product.
FOR HEAVY CONTAMINATION
GP ENVIRO is applied by spray undiluted and left for 20 – 60 minutes. It must then be hosed off with a powerful water jet, whilst brushing the surfaces.
GP ENVIRO is usually available in plastic cans of 25 l.
Features & Benefits
- Environmentally friendly product
- Suitable for tank cleaning
- No petroleum solvents, non-flammable
- Biodegradable, non-toxic, wastewater will split into an oil/water phase
- Fresh smell
- Strong degreasing properties when diluted
- Leaves no film residues on cleaned surfaces
- Suitable on most common metals and coatings
- Suitable for use with oil/water separators
- Cost-effective and easy to use