GP DEGREASER is a general oil and grease remover for deck and engine room. Most suitable for removal of oil and grease from machinery parts, tank tops, bulkheads, decks and floor plates and especially for tank cleaning. GP DEGREASER is also used for cleaning of cargo tanks, bunker tanks and for spot cleaning.
Directions for use
Spraying method for tank cleaning:
- Apply GP DEGREASER with a solution of 2 – 6% and allow product to soak / penetrate in surface deposits for 20 minutes.
- Wash down the solution with high-pressure water.
- Product can be used with cold water, but temperature up to 60°C always gives better results.
CIRCULATION METHOD FOR TANK CLEANING
A dilution of 2 – 6% of GP DEGREASER with water is the basic solution for circulation. Temperature up to 60°C will help cleaning results. Please contact us for specific instructions for tank cleaning.
GP DEGREASER is applied by soaking, spraying or combined with scrubbing.
Dip parts to be cleaned into bath of undiluted GP DEGREASER. Allow deposit to breaks up and loosen. Then rinse off with water (chemical cleaning module can be utilized for this application, allowing recirculation of the product). A higher temperature of the solution (up to 60°C) always increases the cleaning power of the product.
SPRAYING/CLEANING OF TANKS
Apply GP DEGREASER neat and allow product to penetrate into deposits for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing off with water. For stubborn deposits some brushing may be necessary to accelerate removal. Before spraying a pre-wash with hot water of approx. 60°C is always helpful.
For tanks: Before cleaning with GP DEGREASER pre-wash with hot water of approx. 60°C, except for drying and semi-drying oils. Then spray with undiluted GP DEGREASER and let the product soak for at least 30 minutes. Rinse each tank for approx. 45 minutes with hot water at 60°C.
CLEANING OF COOLING SYSTEMS
Fill the cooling system with an emulsion of GP DEGREASER and water. Depending on the degree of contamination, 100 l of cleaning liquid should contain 5 – 10 l of GP DEGREASER. Allow this emulsion to circulate for 12 – 24 hours at a maximum temperature of 60°C. After this operation, drain the cleaning liquid and rinse the system thoroughly with water until the outlet water remains clear. Add cooling water treatment such as COOLTREAT NCLT to the system.
NOTE: In some instances rinsing may not be necessary and cleaned surfaces may be wiped down or left to dry.
GP DEGREASER is usually available in steel drums of 25 l and 200 l.
Features & Benefits
- A powerful degreaser with quick penetration and good emulsifying properties
- Highly effective solvent that is safe to use on most metal surfaces and paint surfaces
- Very effective at removing mineral oils and petroleum based residues
- Loosens and breaks up deposits quickly
- Strong emulsifying action
- Easily rinsed leaving surfaces free of oil and grease
- Quick and easy to use – saves labour costs
- Non-corrosive, low-toxicity product
- Easy to use and very cost-effective