TANKCLEAN ALKALINE is a non-caustic heavy-duty alkaline cleaner formulated for cleaning animal and edible oils from tanks with special coatings. It is specially designed to improve cleaning efficiency while overcoming the limitations imposed by caustic based cleaning compounds. TANKCLEAN ALKALINE can also be used as a deodorizing wash in all applications.
Directions for use
TANKCLEAN ALKALINE is recommended for cleaning tanks for edible cargoes to a degree of cleanliness where no contaminants are to be tolerated in the next cargo. Recirculate or inject TANKCLEAN ALKALINE at 5% strength in fresh/demineralized water after the tanks have been stripped and rinsed. Modified procedures are required with drying oils.
TANKCLEAN ALKALINE can also be applied undiluted in spray applications followed by a rinse.
TANKCLEAN ALKALINE is usually available in plastic cans of 25 l and plastic drums of 200 l.
Features & Benefits
- Water-based alkaline cleaner
- Safe to use on epoxy coatings and most metals
- Can be used as deodorizing wash
- Extremely good at removing saponifying animal fats, edible oils and waxes
- Promotes a healthy environment due to the splitting of the wastewater
- Easy to use and cost-effective
- Can be used for hydrocarbon freeing
- Removal of soot deposits from inert gas systems
- Can be used in immersion baths
Product complies with Marpol 71/17 Add.1 Annex 21, page 1, Resolution MEPC 295 (71) guidelines for implementation of Marpol Annex V (adopted on 7 July, 2017). Click here for more information.