BARRIER COATING is a product that provides a barrier between the cargo hold and the cargo surface.
The water-based coating protects and preserves the deck and cargo holds of vessels by depositing a thin protective film, creating a virtually non-stick surface. The barrier allows for quicker, easier cleanup after discharging your cargo.
This has been successfully field tested and proven to work on the deck and cargo holds of vessels. The product is environmentally and user-friendly, it is non-staining, solvent-free, safe on nearly any surface sprayed, and will not contaminate the exposed cargo.
Directions for use
- Before applying BARRIER COATING, the surface must be clean from any residues from previous cargo.
- The product is used neat and can be applied with low-pressure spraying equipment. One litre of BARRIER COATING will cover about 15 – 20 m2.
- Allow the product to dry before loading cargo. Drying time: 1 – 3 hours depending on the air temperature and humidity.
- A thin temporary film is created on the surface.
- After unloading the cargo, the film can be easily removed with fresh/demineralised water. In the event of cargo deposits, an acidic/alkaline cleaning might be necessary.
BARRIER COATING is usually available in plastic cans of 25 l and plastic drums of 200 l.
Features & Benefits
- Creates a thin protective temporary film
- Protects cargo hold surfaces from different types of cargo loads, e.g. pet coke, coal, grains, salts, ores, cement, minerals, pencil pitch, feedstock, etc.
- Temporarily protects against corrosion
- Safe on all coatings
- Solvent-free, water-based product
- Easily applied, ready to use, does not require special application or mixing
- Can be applied immediately after the surface has been washed
- Cost-effective and easy to use
- Easily removed with water