BACTERIA CONTROL is a microbiological control agent, for use in cooling water systems or ballast water. This effective product is used in the marine growth such as shellfish, algae and micro-organisms to prevent fouling of the seawater and cooling systems.
BACTERIA CONTROL is used in water treatment which has problems due to bacteria colonization and/or algae in the cooling water interface. It can also be used in the ballast system when bacteria colonization is present.
STERILIZATION OF WATER COOLING SYSTEMS.
Dose 0.5 l of BACTERIA CONTROL for every 100 tons of the seawater flowing through the system per hour. Treatment is especially needed in the coastal waters.
The treatment with BACTERIA CONTROL should be commenced three days before entering coastal waters. After leaving coastal waters the treatment should continue another three days.
FOR BALLAST TANKS
Dose 1 l of BACTERIA CONTROL per 12 tons of water prior to ballast followed by a monthly dose of 2 l per 100 tons.
FOR OIL RIGS
Sea legs or trim tanks: Dose 20 l of BACTERIA CONTROL per 100 tons of seawater and add the same as the make-up water.
If you need any assistance please contact VECOM MARINE for more detailed and specific recommendations.
BACTERIA CONTROL is usually available in plastic cans of 25 l.
Features & Benefits
- Effective against bacteria and algae in cooling water or ballast water
- Kills micro-organisms in all types of water
- Keeps engine lines clear and free from clogging
- Prevents M.I.C. (Microbiological Induced Corrosion) in the main engine system
- Simple control / monitoring program
- Easy to use liquid
- This product is not harmful to metal and synthetic rubber