SEACLEAN VOYAGE is used for cleaning tanks contaminated with petroleum residues, double bottom tanks, deep tanks and bilges. Can be used with most tank coatings. Cleaning methods: with machines, manual spraying, rock and roll, recirculation.
Directions for use
CLEANING OF DOUBLE BOTTOM AND DEEP TANKS AT SEA – ROCK AND ROLL METHOD
- Strip tank of all possible fuel. Where possible, heat fuel to assist removal, and trim vessel to give maximum stripping suction.
- Flush tank with water, while heating, stripping constantly. Ensure all other valves to and from the tank are closed.
- After flushing add first dosage of SEACLEAN VOYAGE to tank. Use a 0.1 – 0.2% solution of SEACLEAN VOYAGE. Fill tank to 25% capacity with water and apply heating where possible (up to 60°C maximum). Maintain for 24 hours.
- Fill tank to 95% capacity with water. Apply heating to 60°C maximum, if available, and maintain for 48 to 72 hours. If the sea is calm fill up the tanks enough for the solution to be in contact with the overheads.
- Discharge and strip tank. Fill 50% capacity with water. Maintain for 2 hours to allow rinsing.
- Discharge tank and strip. Flush tank with water for 2 hours, stripping constantly.
- Add second dosage of SEACLEAN VOYAGE to tank (1 – 1.5% solution) Fill tank with water to 90-95% capacity and apply heating to 60°C maximum, where available. Maintain for 48 to 72 hours.
CLEANING CARGO TANKS USING TANK CLEANING MACHINES
Apply SEACLEAN VOYAGE to tank surfaces using fixed and portable tank cleaning machines such as Butterworth type. SEACLEAN VOYAGE may be prepared in a solution tank or, if possible, injected by metering pump into the fresh water. Recommended concentration is 2 – 6% of SEACLEAN VOYAGE. The tanks should be stripped continuously while washing.
CLEANING OF BILGE SPACES, PUMP-ROOMS, ETC. AT SEA – ROCK AND ROLL METHOD
Depending on the state of soiling a concentration of 0.1 – 0.2% of SEACLEAN VOYAGE in water is used as follows:
- Calculate the volume of water required to fill the bilge to a depth which will ensure all areas to be cleaned will be covered.
- Determine the quantity of SEACLEAN VOYAGE needed to give required solution strength.
- Apply SEACLEAN VOYAGE to the area to be covered then fill with water to give required depth.
- Vessel’s motion should ensure mixing of solution and will provide cleaning agitation. Allow at least 24 hours agitation time.
- Pump bilge dry, flush down and repeat if necessary.
The chemical solution is prepared in a cargo tank near the pump room. The strength of the solution depends on the quantity of water required for circulation: 0.5 – 1.5 l/ton of water, depending on the size and the condition of the tank to be cleaned. After cleaning rinse the tanks thoroughly with fresh water, depending on availability and requirements.
HAND SPRAYING METHOD
Use SEACLEAN VOYAGE undiluted on the bulkheads, frames, stringers, etc., using a spray gun. After pre-determined reaction time, rinse the tanks with water, using automatic tank cleaning machines. For spot cleaning SEACLEAN VOYAGE can be used by hand, using a hose for rinsing.
SEACLEAN VOYAGE is usually available in steel drums of 25 l and 200 l.
Features & Benefits
- Very high concentrated tank cleaner with rapid penetration and high solvent power
- For cleaning double bottom or deep cargo tanks and other fuel tanks at sea
- Very effective at cleaning crude oil, refined mineral oils from cargo tanks
- Rapidly emulsifies in fresh water
- Rapid rinsing leaving clean, oil-free surface
- Concentrated product, effective and economical in diluted solutions
- Non-corrosive to metal and paint finishes
- Simple and effective cleaning of tanks at sea
- Low toxicity when mixed with sea or fresh water as recommended
- Easy to use and very economical