Suitable to remove oxides, chlorides, nitrates, amides, amines and other salts, neutral and alkaline contaminations like calcium chloride, calcium nitrate, ammonium nitrate, alkenyl amide, alkenyl amide oleylamine, calcium carbonate, etc. Also very suitable to remove lime deposits after hot seawater washes.
Above residues are most common after loading many cargoes included in ANNEX II – IMO guidelines for tank cleaning.
Directions for use
- Mix solutions of RUST REMOVER either in tank bottom or void space.
- Dilution rate with water between 4 to 10%, depending upon light or heavy contamination. Recent experience has shown that a 8 – 8.5% solution secures successful cleaning.
- Do not use the entire quantity of RUST REMOVER in one solution for all tanks to be cleaned.
- Save a few drums (2 – 3) to “boost” the solution for cleaning the last 20 – 25% of the tanks to be cleaned.
- The solution may be used at ambient temperature, however, it is suggested that an increase of the cleaning temperature to maximum 80°C will enhance the cleaning ability and shorten the cleaning time.
- Proceed to recycle the cleaning solution through the tank washing system for a period of two hours minimum per machine drop. Usually a cleaning time of 4 hours per tank will prove sufficient.
- At completion of chemical application begin washing down with water, using maximum pressure available.
- Inspect tank surfaces and if there remain some stains, spot clean with undiluted RUST REMOVER directly on the stained area. Allow a reaction time of 30 minutes and then rinse with fresh water.
Can be used on iron, stainless steel and copper without any problems. Excellent product to be used for removing light rust from iron and steel surfaces. It also cleans and brightens aluminium and copper, rust stains on painted surfaces, porcelain, terrazzo, ceramic tiles, wood, etc.
NOTE: RUST REMOVER is not recommended for use on zinc or galvanised surfaces.
RUST REMOVER is usually available in plastic cans of 25 l and plastic drums of 200 l.
Features & Benefits
- Especially useful for cleaning the white powders appearing after loading vegetable and fatty acid oil additives as per ANNEX II Cargoes (tank cleaning guides)
- Renders the surface ready and suitable for painting
- Removes lime deposits that can occur after hot seawater washing. It can be used on iron, stainless steel and copper without any problems
- Cleans and brightens aluminium, brass and copper
- Does not contain nonylphenol ethoxylates or other estrogenic compounds
- Easy to use and a cost-effective solution
- IMO-approved product